Apple Airport 101
Most people who are Apple users spend a fair amount of time on the Internet. You are probably familiar with the term Wi-Fi, but less familiar with the term Airport. Airport is Apple’s version of Wi-Fi, designed to function as an Apple friendly router. The Airport is designed to create a more seamless experience in connecting your Apple devices together with an easy to use setup assistant.
Besides being a powerful and easy router to use, the Apple Airport is also designed to give out a signal optimal to your device. For example, your iPhone works better at a different band than your MacBook and the Airport caters to this. Here is a list of uses the Airport has to offer:
- Powerful internet router
- Wireless access point
- Ethernet switch for direct and fast connectivity
- Wireless printing via network print server
- AirPlay speaker connection capability (with AirPort Express)
- Store a time machine backup (with Airport Time Capsule)
- Durable and high quality material making it ideal router for portability
Stop by The Mac Ranch today and we’ll show you our AirPort options and how they can enhance your internet connectivity experience!